Riverside Children’s Theatre (RCT) is seeking an experienced production manager who will join our 2013/14 Production team. You must have theatre experience, and be able to work with kids grade K-8. Pay is per show and depends on experience. Please submit your cover letter and resume to be considered for this position, by June 21, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please see detailed job description below.
Production Manager Job Description
Production Manager is to be under the direction of the Producer and the Board of Directors and is required to follow RCT’s rules, policies, procedures, and adhere to RCT’s philosophies.
He/She is the primary contact for parents to contact for absences of rehearsal OR supervision.
• Conducts audition process
• Call out names and seat children in groups of 5-6
• Facilitate dance auditions in groups
• Assist in individual song and monologue auditions by calling children in order
• Assist the directors with call-back process
• Making phone calls for call back appointments
• Attend call backs
• Support the Production Team
• Production Manager is responsible for the scheduling of all parent volunteers for their supervision responsibilities during production rehearsals and actual productions
• Coordinate directors’ work and communication between the production staff and directors. Set up rehearsals and facilitate communication between directors and RCT’s cast members via email
• Arrive on time and be fully prepared for rehearsals (ensuring safety and well-being of the children)
• Rehearsals are held 6:15-8:15 Monday through Friday
• Makes copies of scripts for all cast members and staff
• Arrive at rehearsals and performances 15 minutes before scheduled start and remain until all children have been picked up
• Have first aid kid available at all times
• Have all contact information available for all parents/family members during all rehearsals and productions
• Have copy of facilities use form on site at all times
• In charge of handling lost and found and keeping it available to return to owners
• Have all children’s medical forms/information readily available at all times
• Receive weekly reports of rehearsal work from the directors. Attend weekly meetings
• Prepare and maintain updated communication between production staff and production families
• Communicate any problems or concerns regarding the play or participants directly to the Producer and/or Parent Liaison for resolution. If a resolution cannot be made in a timely manner then all parties involved shall meet with the President of the Board and/ or Executive Board members as needed to achieve a resolution
• Prepare production packet with the collaboration of the Producer and Make –Up Director, make photocopies for all production families
• Prepare Supervision schedule for families during Dress Week and the duration of Production
• Arrive on time and be fully prepared for rehearsals during Dress Week and the duration of the Productions. (Ensuring safety and well-being of the children)
• Oversee the purchasing and supply of all snacks and water for performances for cast members
• Work respectfully and cooperatively with other independent contractors, staff, students, parents and volunteers,
• Promote an environment where there is no malicious gossip or conduct unbecoming to the overall philosophies of RCT.
• Other duties as required by the producer and/or the Executive Board of Directors of RCT.
Production Manager shall be responsible for the manner and method by which the above results are achieved with the direction of the Producer and the RCT Board of Directors and providing that the services provided shall be provided in a manner that is always consistent with the MISSION, standards and policies of Riverside Children’s Theatre for said productions. Production Manager recognizes that the production of a theatrical work must be a collaborative effort between the Producer, Production Staff and the Executive Board of Directors of RCT. Production Manager will endeavor to foster an environment conducive to a team approach.
Additionally, we are always looking to expand our contacts in the following areas:
Sound Board Operator
Light Board Operator
Choreographer (Dance teacher)
If you are interested in any of these positions,
please send your resume to:
Riverside Children’s Theatre
2900 Adams St, Ste. B4
Riverside, CA 92504